Medical Malpractice Lawyer
As medical professionals, doctors, nurses, and other health care providers are responsible for the health and safety of their patients and are expected to provide a high level of quality care. Unfortunately, medical professionals can fail in this responsibility to their patients and cause far-reaching personal injuries, and even death. Medical negligence occurs when medical professionals harm their patients by neglecting them, acting maliciously, or providing substandard care. In addition to individuals, institutions such as hospitals may be held responsible for injuries or deaths resulting from medical negligence.
At our Pennsylvania firm, our medical negligence lawyers handle many types of medical malpractice cases. Drawing on this experience, we have provided the following information to help you better understand whether your situation may constitute medical malpractice.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice or Negligence
- Nursing Errors
- Often the link between a patient and their doctor, a poorly trained or overworked nurse might delay care or dispense the incorrect medication. Learn more about when a nursing error constitutes medical malpractice.
- Wrongful Diagnosis
- The diagnosis of medical conditions is not an exact science and some conditions can be difficult to diagnose properly. However, when a doctor fails to diagnose or misdiagnoses a condition when obvious signs are present, they are acting negligently. There are a variety of medical conditions that when misdiagnosed or undiagnosed are common sources of medical negligence cases.
- Surgical Mistakes
- Because of the delicate nature of their work, surgeons have the potential to cause serious harm to their patients, especially when he or she is overworked or inexperienced. Careless actions can lead to operating on the wrong site, or even the wrong person. The surgeon may slip and cut a nerve while operating, causing paralysis, or even leave surgical equipment inside a patient after surgery. Medical negligence can lead to many types of surgical errors and mistakes that can cause serious injuries and death.
- Hospital Negligence
- Hospitals have the responsibility to provide a safe environment and a high standard of care for their patients. When a hospital fails to uphold this responsibility, the institution may be held liable for patients' injuries. Patients can be harmed by untrained or incompetent hospital staff performing procedures beyond the scope of their abilities, and lax sanitation standards can cause patients to develop infections. Hospital negligence can lead to a variety of injuries and even the wrongful death of a patient.
- Wrongful Death
- In extreme cases, the negligence and carelessness of medical professionals can lead to the wrongful death of their patients. Birth injuries, brain injuries, and surgical mistakes are common causes of wrongful death. When medical professionals fail to provide adequate care and patients die as a result, the family members of the deceased are entitled to compensation for the loss of their loved one. Our Pennsylvania-based firm has extensive experience handling medical negligence cases involving wrongful death. Our lawyers can help you build a strong case against those at fault for the death of your loved one.
Do I need a medical malpractice lawyer?
Determining who is at fault for your injuries is the most important element of a successful medical malpractice lawsuit. However, it is often the most difficult aspect to prove when building a viable medical negligence case. Learn more about determining fault and if you need medical malpractice lawyer, then contact us for a no obligation case evaluation.
Contact Our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Office to Speak With Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical negligence, our lawyers can review the circumstances that led to the injury and determine if a viable medical malpractice case exists. Contact our Pennsylvania office today to speak with our medical negligence lawyers.
^ back to top
Last Updated: January 26, 2017. 02:42:44 pm.